The Koh Samui Guide
- 14 years of Koh Samui expertise!
- Free updates throughout 2017!
- 15 chapters, 174 pages
- Total honesty and no fluff
Get complete peace-of-mind: know exactly what to expect when you arrive:
- What to expect culturally?
- What to know before you arrive?
- What to expect in rainy season?
Get your bearings: Use helpful maps, detailed captions – even pronunciation tips! – to arrive an island expert:
- What's where?
- What's the ambiance like?
- How to get around?
- How to take a songthaew?
- How to rent a car?
- Where to buy your groceries?
Obsessively curated favourites: Tried and tested for 14 years and counting!
- How to love every minute on Samui?
- Where to find the best views?
- How to celebrate?
- What to do when it rains?
- What day-trips to book?
- How to plan an island road trip?
- Where to watch the sunset?
- How to enjoy island events?
- Jellyfish? Rabies?
- Scams? Sharks? Snakes?
- When to visit?
- How to stay safe?
- How to avoid being rude?
- What to bring with you?
Swap concerns about all of the above for the easy confidence of a savvy, seasoned traveller.
Find your perfect beach: Discover pros & cons, suitability for families and which sand you'll love best.
- Where to stay?
- Which beach has the best sand?
- What to do at night?
- How to plan a perfect family trip?
Put my 14 years’ island experience in your back pocket, gaining instant confidence to enjoy a new culture, country and climate.
Whether you’re coming as a couple, a family, are on a budget or celebrating something special, you’ll find The Koh Samui Guide helpful, reassuring and insightful.
Get tips for avoiding mosquitoes, renting a private villa, things to avoid, driving on the island, buying alcohol, what to do in an emergency – and more!
- 24 things to do on a rainy day
- 41 things to do with children
- Island maps, price charts and helpful checklists
- Beach-by-beach comparisons
- Recommendations for all budgets
- Ideal for animal-lovers (eco/ethical focus)
- Activities for niche (and very niche) interests.
For 5+ years I've been writing and researching The Koh Samui Guide in complete anonymity.
Every tip and suggestion in the guide is because I think it's worthy of your precious vacation time – I don't accept any perks, compensation or advertising of any sort – ever.
Weather, Climate and Rainy Season Beaches and Hotels | Transport | Safety and Sense | Thai Culture and Samui Sights | Packing | Your Arrival and Departure | Food and Drink | Sunsets and Nightlife | Things to Do and Island Exploring | The Best Shopping | Rainy Days (and Strong Sun) | Island Events | Bird-Watching and Gardens | Koh Samui with Kids
How do I download The Koh Samui Guide?
Very, very easily.
For "grandparent-proof" instructions with tons of pictures, find out how to download your copy in 3 steps and less than 3 minutes.
What forms of payment can I use?
PayPal, Apple Pay and any major credit cards. Easy!
How much does it cost in GBP / AUD / CAD, etc?
See the top right corner of this web page? (Top middle on a mobile).
If it says 'USD', just select your preferred currency from the drop-down menu and the price instantly converts. It's magic.
See the FAQs.