The Koh Samui Guide
The Koh Samui Guide is your comprehensive travel guide for Koh Samui, Thailand. Since our first edition in 2012, it has helped people in 81 countries plan and enjoy incredible Samui vacations.
Today, put our 13 years’ island experience in your back pocket, gaining instant confidence to enjoy a new culture, country and climate. Whether you’re coming as a couple, a family, are on a budget or celebrating something special, you’ll find The Koh Samui Guide helpful, reassuring and insightful.
*Please note!* The Koh Samui Guide is a digital download (PDF file): It’s ideal to use on your phone, iPad or computer. You can also print any or all of its 174 pages for your own use.
How will it help you?
1. Fail-proof your first time to Thailand
“We just didn't know where to start when planning a trip to Samui, but after reading The Koh Samui Guide I felt like I already knew the island. This is a wonderfully entertaining, informative and well written guide. It's a bit like meeting up for coffee with a travel savvy friend who knows Koh Samui REALLY well and is happy to chat with you about it for hours. Great book. Fabulous. And clearly written by people who know Koh Samui very well. Will read it again before I go to Thailand.” VCW Miller, via Amazon
2. Discover unexpected things to do
"I’ve been to Koh Samui 5 times now and this is definitely the best guide I have ever used ... I discovered loads of great new places including amazing much cheaper fantastic Thai Massages and some great new beaches.” K, via Amazon
3. Avoid confusion and save yourself time
“We were totally confused where to go, what to do in koh samui until we read this book! Really helped us make the decisions on what to do and where to go! Easy great read!” Christopher, via Amazon
4. Immediately improve your Samui experience
"This guide is not just for the backpacking wanderlust. My husband and I downloaded this to use on our honeymoon in Koh Samui this February. Gives great advice about local restaurants, bugs, drinking the water, grocery stores, etc. Even if you're staying at a resort this will still come in handy for you." Tang Tang, via Amazon
5. Instantly stop worrying
“You have no idea how much you have helped me – Thailand is my dream holiday and I just cannot wait to go but was always apprehensive but you have taken all those fears away and I am eternally grateful.” Jenna
What do you get?
- Island maps, price charts and helpful checklists
- Hundreds of up-to-date, realistic photos
- Beach-by-beach comparisons
- Recommendations for all budgets
- Ideal for animal-lovers (eco/ethical focus)
- Activities for niche (and very niche) interests
Best of all? Total honesty and full disclosure. For 5+ years we've been writing and researching The Koh Samui Guide in complete anonymity. Every tip and suggestion in the guide is because we think it's worthy of your precious vacation time – we don't accept any perks, compensation or advertising of any sort – ever. We pay for everything ourselves as normal, totally incognito customers.
174 pages and 13 years of Koh Samui expertise!
Get answers to all of your questions (and then some), including:
How to perfectly prepare for Koh Samui
- When to visit? What to expect in rainy season?
- Where to stay? Which beach has the best sand? Plus – tips for renting a private villa
- How to get around? How to take a songthaew? How to rent a car? Plus – tips for driving on Koh Samui
- How to stay safe? Plus – tips for emergency preparedness
- What to expect culturally? How to avoid being rude in Thailand?
- What to bring with you? Plus – tips for avoiding mosquitoes
- What to know before you arrive? Plus – tips for learning tourist Thai
How to love every minute on Koh Samui
- Where to eat on the beach? Where to find Koh Samui’s best views? How to celebrate your special occasion?
- How to find healthy food on Koh Samui? Where to buy your groceries? Plus - tips for buying alcohol
- Where to watch the sunset? What to do at night?
- How to visit temples? What not to do? Plus – a total Thailand reading list
- What day-trips to book in advance? How to plan an island road trip? Plus – what to avoid on Koh Samui?
- What souvenirs to buy?
- How to enjoy yourself when it rains? Plus – 24 things to do on a rainy day
- How to participate in island events? Where to see Samui bird-life?
- How to plan a perfect family trip? Plus – 41 things to do with children
15 chapters include: Weather, Climate and Rainy Season | Beaches and Hotels | Transport | Safety and Sense | Thai Culture and Samui Sights | Packing | Your Arrival and Departure | Food and Drink | Sunsets and Nightlife | Things to Do and Island Exploring | The Best Shopping | Rainy Days (and Strong Sun) | Island Events | Bird-Watching and Gardens | Koh Samui with Kids
How do I download The Koh Samui Guide?
Very, very easily. For "grandparent-proof" instructions with tons of pictures, find out how to download your copy in 3 steps and less than 3 minutes.
What forms of payment can I use?
PayPal, Apple Pay and any major credit cards. Easy!
How much does it cost in GBP / AUD / CAD, etc?
See the top right corner of this web page? If it says 'USD', just select your preferred currency from the drop-down menu and the price instantly converts. It's magic.